Driven: 2012 Scion iQ

With the iQ, Scion is launching one of the few really different cars that we’ll see for 2012. Having spent time driving it on the streets of San Francisco and the highways and winding roads of Marin County, we can report that the iQ is very nearly brilliant in its concept and execution. We can also forecast that 99 percent of you will see the iQ as a curiosity or a bore, not as a real alternative to the 499 other models on the market. The remaining 1 percent, on the other hand, will find the iQ close to ideal, though it takes some mental effort to fully appreciate Scion’s philosophy.

By Tom Martin | July 20, 2011
Aston Martin Approves Cygnet For Production

Even though brand purists will probably be screaming bloody murder, and David Brown may be doing back flips in his grave, Aston Martin has officially approved the Toyota iQ-based Cygnet for production. The diminutive city car will receive an extensive revamp before it can wear the winged Aston Martin logo. The car will have new exterior body panels and a redesigned interior. Aston Martin is claiming the Cygnet will offer the same tailor-made feeling as one of the brand’s luxury GT cars. While details on this tailor-made feel are sketchy, expect a large crop of exterior colors, interior trims, and upholsteries to be made available to demanding customers.

By Brandon Turkus | October 11, 2010
First Look: 2011 Scion iQ

Scion has just taken the wraps off of the North American-spec iQ. This micromachine, designed to compete with the Smart Fortwo, features a 1.3-liter I-4 that makes “over 90 horsepower” and is mated to a standard continuously variable transmission.

By Brandon Turkus | March 31, 2010


The Guide to Road Racing: Winding Road Magazine's ultimate guide to getting your start in racing.

Table of Contents


Get the latest driving and racing news straight to your inbox.

no thanks

Begin typing your search above and press return to search.