With the caveat that shoes really, really have to fit to be good, we bring to your attention the Alpinestars Tech 1Z as our choice for the best fire-resistant road racing shoe for 2017. In this video one of our product managers, Shawn Stout, goes over the features of the shoe:
To summarize the benefits of the Tech 1Z:
1. Made from Kangaroo leather. This thin, supple material conforms to your foot with minimal break-in needed.
2. Quick-Lace system. Quick-Lace is a single-pull lacing system, so that loosening or tightening force is applied evenly up and down the shoe. In addition, the laces run all the way to the sole, so adjustments apply across the width of the shoe. The Quick-Lace system can be adjusted while wearing gloves.
3. Thin, one-piece sole. Alpinestars uses an exclusive rubber compound for the sole derived from Alpinestars Formula 1 shoes. This is applied as a thin, one-piece layer. The result is excellent grip and superb transmission of pedal feel.
4. Comprehensive ventilation. Perforations are on the lateral and medial sides, as well as the tongue, collar, heel and toe. This helps keep you shoe dry, which is good for comfort and for the longevity of the shoe.
5. FIA-Certified. You can run this shoe in just about any series globally.
The Alpinestars Tech 1Z V2 is now available up to size 13 and comes in five different colors. We have a good selection in our stores and we offer the full line of racing shoes at WindingRoadRacing.com.