Nissan Updates GT-R For 2015 Model Year
Nissan’s uproarious GT-R is getting refreshed one last time this cycle for the 2015 model year, with a tweaked suspension, slight design updates, and more interior options.
The suspension has been retuned for better grip by reduced load fluctuation between the four wheels. With more precise electronic control of the shock absorber valves, the new Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT tires maintain better contact with the road surface. Furthermore, steering has been tuned for less effort in town, while maintaining a high level of feedback at higher speeds.
In terms of exterior design, the new LED headlights five a slightly new look and improve visibility. A new Adaptive Front Lighting system helps keep the road ahead illuminated even in turns. In the rear, the taillights now form “coherent circles of illumination.” The GT-R offers a new color, called Gold Flake Red Pearl, is infused with gold color glass flakes. Customers can also now opt for a carbon-fiber trunk lid—cutting the lid’s weight in half—with carbon fiber spoiler attached.
Inside the GT-R, a new pale ivory trim option is available, and the seats feature more stitched accents.
Sales of the 2015 Nissan GT-R begin in Japan on December 2, with other markets to follow.
In addition to the updates to the standard GT-R, Nissan has announced the race-inspired Nissan GT-R Nismo
Scroll down for more details in the press release below the video, or see more images in the attached photo gallery.
2015 Nissan GT-R
- Recalibrated suspension for more sophisticated ride and better road-holding
- Enhanced exterior with LED lamp technology and distinctive front and rear design
- Added premium cabin interior with improved quality and trim options
YOKOHAMA, Japan – Evolution never stops for the Nissan GT-R. Nissan’s iconic sports car brings a refreshed vision of "innovation that excites" with the introduction of the 2015 (in the U.S.) model offering a new level of sophistication, yet with no compromise in performance.
The sales of Nissan GT-R begin in Japan on December 2, to be followed by sales at Nissan dealerships in other markets worldwide.
The 2015 Nissan GT-R offers smoother ride comfort, more refinement and benchmark fit and finish, in the spirit of a great “GT,” while delivering breathtaking performance and road-holding. Its "multi-dimensional performance" means the driver can enjoy the full depth of the GT-R’s capabilities, whether navigating corners of a winding mountain road, cruising on the highway or even in an urban environment.
Adding premium appeal to the exterior and interior design, the 2015 Nissan GT-R delivers sophisticated driving pleasure and is the ultimate embodiment of Nissan’s brand philosophy: “innovation that excites.”
2015 Nissan GT-R Overview
Outstanding performance meets a new level of sophistication
With outstanding adhesion from its tires, the GT-R is capable of stunning confident acceleration and braking performance
- The suspension was fine-tuned to reduced load fluctuation between the four wheels, giving better stability and more consistent grip.
- More constant tire contact is achieved by optimized electronic control of the shock-absorber valves, as well as modified front stabilizer spring rates and updated bush link. The tuning of these parts, which makes best use of the suspension strokes and enhances road-holding capability, gives a poised, confident ride and outstanding traction on rough roads.
- With minute vibrations and road noise reduced, a relaxing, comfortable ride is assured. An additional benefit is improved straight-line stability, with fewer small steering corrections needed to maintain the correct trajectory during highway driving.
- The upgraded GT-R is now fitted as standard with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT tires, for outstanding road-holding and precise response in all conditions thanks to stiffer sidewalls which reduce deformation, improving steering response under hard cornering. At the front, their specification is: 255/40ZRF20(97Y) and at the rear: 285/35ZRF20(100Y)
- The braking calibration has been retuned for a more firm, linear response at everyday speeds, making smooth braking more intuitive, generating greater confidence, particularly in wet conditions.
- The GT-R’s steering has been fine-tuned to reduce the effort required for in-town maneuvers, while maintaining its exceptional feedback during high-speed driving. The combination of retuned suspension and exceptional steering feel give outstanding confidence at high speed.
Dazzling motion when standing still
The 2015 Nissan GT-R maintains its position as one of the most striking supercars in the market. Significant updates to the Nissan GT-R’s lights both enhance the visual impact of the car. Customers looking for added visual impact now have a wider color palette to choose from.
- The 2015 Nissan GT-R sports new efficient, high-intensity, multi-LED headlights that create a distinctive “lightning” motif, generating a striking exterior visual signature. With such a unique visual reference, the GT-R’s road presence is enhanced, particularly in low light and at night – while the fitment of the new headlights gives the driver increased visibility.
- The new headlights feature AFS (Adaptive Front lighting System*) that automatically adapts the angle of the light beam according to the speed of the car. At highway speeds, actuators in the headlight unit adjust the angle of the projectors to project the light further. The four LED units are configured with new intensive LED high beam and three different LED low beams including long-distance-illumination and wide-illumination.
- At the rear, the GT-R’s distinctive four-ring tail light signature now forms coherent circles of illumination, giving the GT-R an equally distinctive appearance, making it easily recognizable to fellow owners and enthusiasts.
- Upon start up, the full new lighting signature is illuminated, creating a dramatic start-up procedure.
- Visual appeal is reinforced with the addition of a new body color called Gold Flake Red Pearl. As its name suggests, there are microscopic gold-tinted glass flakes infused into the red paint, creating a spectacular effect in the deep, lustrous paint as the light catches the finish.
Upscale cabin appointments
- Choice of three interior color schemes includes a new pale ivory trim option.
- The steering wheel is trimmed in leather, for premium tactility, while the part-aniline leather seats are further embellished with stitched accents, giving the ambience of a genuine GT designed for cross-continental, first-class travel.
Advanced body construction
- To achieve the project’s ambitious targets for high-speed handling and ride comfort, Nissan enhanced the level of precision-constructed body elements and advanced assembly methods to create the 2015 Nissan GT-R.
- Each part is made of materials selected for optimum performance: Precision-constructed, multi-material hybrid body combines steel, carbon fiber and die-cast aluminum to achieve high stiffness and light weight.
- Thanks to the rigidity of the GT-R’s body construction, suspension precision is guaranteed while refinement is enhanced, resulting in exceptional cabin refinement even at high speeds and under hard cornering.
- Thanks to optimized insulation and acoustic tuning, even at high speeds, the occupants are able to enjoy the sporty engine sound.
- An optional carbon rear wing is offered, which is attached to a carbon trunk lid, giving a weight saving of half compared with the standard trunk lid.
*Adaptive Front lighting System is unavailable in some regions.