Sony is making the most of this year’s E3 expo, and Gran Turismo 5 is in the spotlight again. We now have a (new) release date, another trailer, and details about the $99 Collector’s Edition.
Gran Turismo 5’s release date is scheduled for November 2, 2010, just in time for holiday shopping (not that we’re going to wait that long). For $99, one can scoop up the Collector’s Edition, which includes five downloadable vehicles, a keychain, a 300-page guide to cars and driving, and, most importantly, a 1:43 scale diecast Nissan GT-R.
While we don’t usually pick up special editions of games, this is one we can’t pass up. Extra in-game content and another model car for our collection? We’re going to go preorder that bad boy right now.
Scroll down for more information
Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition Announcement
Last Updated : Jun 15, 2010
Collector’s Edition Contents
1:43 scale diecast Nissan GT-R Spec V with exclusive Gran Turismo livery
Today Sony Computer Entertainment America announced the Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition, releasing on November 2 alongside the stand-alone version. The Collector’s Edition features a must-have collection of exclusive items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans. Quantities will be limited, so serious Gran Turismo fans should pre-order their copy at their local retailer now.
Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector’s Edition includes a 1:43 scale collectible diecast car, a 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques, a GT-branded key chain, a voucher for five (5) DLC cars, and a numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in stylish, premium packaging.
Collector’s Edition Content Details:
* Gran Turismo® 5 game
* Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho
* In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material
* Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
* Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades
* Numbered certificate of authenticity
* Custom collector’s packaging
The Honda e-bike promises to bring innovation and expertise from its motorcycle business to the burgeoning electric bicycle sector.
Kia has announced its intention to adopt Tesla’s North American Charging Standard (NACS) in the fourth quarter of 2024.
Cario announced the launch of its blockchain-based platform, designed to fix the way vehicle title transfers is done.
Texas has given the green light to a controversial plan that mandates the inclusion of Tesla NACS technology in EV charging stations.