Land Rover has given up details and images of the five-door version of the upcoming Range Rover Evoque ahead of its debut next week at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
We’ve already seen the three-door version of the compact Evoque SUV, but the five-door adds space and functionality, and is more along the lines of what we’ve been seeing from the brand for years.
The five-door Evoque will be powered by a 2.0-liter turbo-four, producing 240 horsepower. Gears are changed with a six-speed automatic transmission. It is also equipped with permanent all-wheel drive, as well as Land Rover’s very capable Terrain Response system. Adaptive Dynamics, using MagneRide, will help the suspension adjust to different terrain and driving situations.
On the inside, drivers will enjoy the eight-inch touchscreen display, and the Surround Camera System should take some of the guesswork out of maneuvering the Evoque through tight spaces.
It is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2011, starting at around $45,000.
Scroll down for the official press release.
INTRODUCING THE ALL-NEW FIVE-DOOR RANGE ROVER EVOQUE – COUPE STYLE WITH ENHANCED VERSATILITY
• Addition of exciting five-door bodystyle to Range Rover Evoque line-up
• Bold exterior captures coupe design, with the same compact footprint and slightly higher roofline for enhanced versatility
• Premium cabin, with the enhanced space and practicality of the five-door format
• Permanent all-wheel drive combined with turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a six-speed auto transmission deliver performance and minimized fuel consumption
• All-new 240bhp* 2.0-liter Si4 turbocharged engine combining six-cylinder refinement and performance with four-cylinder fuel economy
• Dynamic and agile handling across varied terrain, available with Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide™
• All-weather, multi-terrain capability with patented Land Rover Terrain Response®
• Innovative Range Rover technologies, including 8-inch (203mm)
touch-screen display and Surround Camera System
• To be sold in 160 countries worldwide, with North American deliveries from Fall 2011
• Indicative pricing starting from around $45,000
MAHWAH, N.J., Nov. 10, 2010 – The exciting five-door version of the all-new Range Rover Evoque makes its global public debut at the 2010
Los Angeles Auto Show on November 17, 2010.
With its stylish and sporting appearance, combined with larger interior space, the five-door Range Rover Evoque joins the stunning coupe model to create a highly desirable line-up that will define the premium compact SUV segment.
Like the coupe, the five-door Range Rover Evoque remains faithful to the spirit of the groundbreaking Land Rover LRX concept car, offering an innovative new interpretation of the original coupe design.
The five-door Range Rover Evoque also stays true to the core values of the Range Rover brand, providing premium levels of craftsmanship, luxury, performance and renowned Land Rover multi-terrain capability, but in a more compact package.
“The addition of the five-door to the Range Rover Evoque line-up extends the appeal of our brand still further,” said Land Rover’s Managing Director Phil Popham.
“While retaining everything that’s great about the Range Rover Evoque coupe, this new five-door bodystyle will offer customers even more choice, greater practicality, versatility and flexibility. The launch of the Range Rover Evoque in 2011 will expand the global appeal of the Range Rover marque."
· First series production Quartermasters have started rolling off INEOS Automotive’s production line. · Unveiled at Goodwood Festival of Speed in July, the double cab…
Mazda’s Spec MX-5 Shootout stands not only as a competition but as a pivotal platform for the development of young racing talent.
The Mustang GT/CS is poised to captivate the hearts of enthusiasts and add another chapter to the storied history of the Ford Mustang.
The 2024 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid continues to impress with its stylish design, powerful performance, and advanced safety features.